Fauntleroy Ferry- No-Idle Event, 11/17
Learn more on Saturday, November 17th and help educate motorists lining up for the Fauntleroy Ferry.
You can help us educate those motorists waiting to board the Fauntleroy Ferry by handing out our No-Idling book mark while drivers wait for the ferry. You can sign up for a hour and a half shift here. Also, on Friday, November 16th from 3:30 to 4:30 pm volunteers will be canvassing the Fauntleroy Neighborhood with flyers about the event happening on Saturday. Contact, Terri or sign up here to help out.
- 11:30 a.m. to noon, learn the facts and what to say to drivers (Pizza to be served to volunteers)
- Volunteers will be given information to pass along to motorists and a simple script
- Volunteers will administer a quick 3 to 5 question survey to motorists
- Volunteers will be assigned a certain section of the sidewalk
- Kids ages 6 and up are welcome
- *Kids ages 6 to 10, must be accompanied by an adult/parent volunteer
- There may be groups (2-5) of kids assigned to a volunteer
- noon to 4:30 pm, educate drivers along Fauntleroy Way SW with your children**
Meet up in the parking lot at Lincoln Park, closest to the Fauntleroy Ferry Doc. A white canopy with the CoolMom sign will be visible near the park -parking lot.
*Parents will be responsible for their own children, unless specifically arranged through contacting Terri Glaberson, Program Manager for Think Outside the Car, firstname.lastname@example.org.
**Some children will be the prime communicator to the drivers, but will have an adult present at all times.
Please consider walking to the event, biking, taking the bus or carpooling. There is a bus stop right at Fauntleroy Way SW and SW Cloverdale Street, across from Lincoln Park.
Questions? Please contact Terri at email@example.com